AF TOP 25 – After a single week tumble from AF#1 to AF#5, the Los Angeles Dragons have swept back to the top as the best team in the Association on the Week 10 Top 25. The IFFL’s Dragons demolished the Melbourne Maulers 239-93 in Week 10, a win that clinched a spot in their Division Championship game and improved their Power Rank (PR) Score from 137 on the Week 9 list all the way up to a 92 PR on this edition, putting them back into the top spot. The Week 10 list has a new AF#2 this week as well and a pair of teams tied for AF#3. League 28’s #1, Nate, makes it to AF#2 with a 165 PR Score, barely beating out the Super 16’s Arizona Firebirds and Fantasy Circus’ Staring At Her TD’s who tied for AF#3 with matching 165 PR Scores. Suspension Freaks, the Legion of Defense’s #1 team, falls to AF#5, out of the top 3 for the first time since debuting at AF#1 in Week 3. The Freaks Week 10 PR Score of 173 ties with the Suicide Squad’s Tigershark Dracula Fangs who share the AF#5 spot after several weeks of steadily climbing up the ranks.
The AF Top 25 is the weekly ranking for all of the teams playing in Association Leagues based on 5 distinct categories (Record, Overall Wins, Consistency, Point Percentage, Coaching Efficiency). Each category is then weighted and combined to give an overall Power Rank (PR) score. Each week, our Stats Department releases the new rankings, based on teams’ PR Scores. The scores can range from 15 (a perfect score) to 1590 (last in every category)(For a full description of each category and how it is weighted, please visit the new Stats FAQ page, found either at that link or as a sub-tab under the new AF Stats menu tab.) The rankings are cumulative through to Week 17 measuring teams’ performances through the entire season.
A new list is published each week under the all-new AF Stats menu tab and you can view the full rankings of all 106 teams playing in Association Leagues under the AF Rankings sub-tab, complete with their stats in all ranking categories. For a quick look, the Top 25 gets its own sub-tab there, as well as being highlighted here each week.
The AF Top 25 Through Week 10:
- Los Angeles Dragons – Joey Drakor’s IFFL franchise is set to face the AF#21 New Orleans VooDoo in a Division Championship Game in Week 12 after finishing out the regular Season this week
- Nate – League 28’s #1 team, currently holds a standings tie at 7-3-0 with AF#10 Leather Helmets, and just a 1 game lead on both the League #3 and #4 with still 4 weeks left to go in the Regular Season
- (3 Tied) Arizona Firebirds – Tied at AF#3, Coach Crash’s Super 16 franchise is 8-2-0 and in a race for the #1 seed with AF#15 Birds of Prey
- (3 Tied) I’m Staring At Her TD’s – Tied at AF#3, Nexecutioner’s Fantasy Circus franchise is sitting in second place in Round 2 of the Circus season
- (5Tied) Suspension Freaks – Tied at AF#5, Shane Rocks’ Legion of Defense team is the defending champions of the league and on a mission to repeat
- (5 Tied) Tigershark Dracula Fangs – Tied at AF#5, the Fangs have been a top 3 finisher for the past 4 weeks in a row in the Suicide Squad’s Points Race League and are now sitting just a single point behind AF#8 Finkle is Einhorn for the lead
- Cutlering the Cheese – The 2016 League Runner-Up in the Fantasy Circus dropped from AF#3 this week, and have fallen to 5th in the league’s second round
- Finkle is Einhorn – Has led the pack in the Suicide Squad’s Points Race League through 7 of 10 weeks this season, but has just a one point advantage over AF#5 Tigershark Dracula Fangs who’ve been closing like a rocket
- Insane Clowney Posse – The only coach with two teams in the top 10, Nexecutioner’s Legion of Defense franchise was the 2016 League Runner-Up, losing the Championship to AF#5 Suspension Freaks. This season, the Clowns have delivered 3 of the Freaks 4 losses
- Leather Helmets – meigzoh’s entry into League 28 has a standings tie at 7-3-0 with AF#2 Nate, but trail by only 12 points on the season