AF TOP 25 – The juggernaut Los Angeles Dragons of the IFFL hold onto the AF#1 spot on the Week 8 AF Top 25 as the best team in the Association, but just by a single Power Rank (PR) point after being demolished 133-258 in a massive upset by the AF#42 Venice Killerwhales (Dragon Slayers). Los Angeles’ PR Score tumbled from 66 after Week 7 to a current score of 103, keeping them just a hair above the AF#2 Suspension Freaks and their 104 PR Score. The Legion of Defense defending champion Freaks, who debuted at the number 1 spot on 2017’s first Top 25 in Week 3, have not held the top spot since Week 5 when Los Angeles overtook them, but have also not been out of the top 3 all season. Their 104 PR Score this week, is the first time all season they drop into triple digits, the last team in the Association to do so. Rounding out the top 3, is Cutlering the Cheese, last season’s league runner-up in the Fantasy Circus, who posted a 40-19 win to open the start of Round 2 in that league after half the field was eliminated after Week 7 (Curtain Call). They climbed 3 positions this week to get into the AF#3 spot, 8 positions the week before, and 15 the week before that.
The AF Top 25 is the weekly ranking for all of the teams playing in Association Leagues based on 5 distinct categories (Record, Overall Wins, Consistency, Point Percentage, Coaching Efficiency). Each category is then weighted and combined to give an overall Power Rank (PR) score. Each week, our Stats Department releases the new rankings, based on teams’ PR Scores. The scores can range from 15 (a perfect score) to 1590 (last in every category)(For a full description of each category and how it is weighted, please visit the new Stats FAQ page, found either at that link or as a sub-tab under the new AF Stats menu tab.) The rankings are cumulative through to Week 17 measuring teams’ performances through the entire season.
A new list is published each week under the all-new AF Stats menu tab and you can view the full rankings of all 106 teams playing in Association Leagues under the AF Rankings sub-tab, complete with their stats in all ranking categories. For a quick look, the Top 25 gets its own sub-tab there, as well as being highlighted here each week.
AF Top 25 Through week 8:
- Los Angeles Dragons – Joey Drakor‘s Dragons broke a 5 game win streak with their Week 7 loss, but their biggest test of the season will come this week, facing their division rival New Orleans, who came in at AF#5 this week
- Suspension Freaks – Shane Rocks‘ Legion of Defense franchise is the league’s defending champion has only lost twice this season. Ironically, both losses were to Nexecutioner’s Insane Clowney Posse, the team they beat for the Championship in 2016
- Cutlering the Cheese – Last year’s second place finisher in the Fantasy Circus, they finished Round 1 in the #1 spot, and opened Round 2 last week wityh a nother win
- Finkle is Einhorn – Virtually side by side with AF#6 Our Miss Brookes all season in the Suicide Squad Points Race League, they currently trail them by 9 points of total scoring, but beat them by 26 in a Week 8 match-up
- New Orleans VooDoo – Unlucky enough to share a division with the Dragons of Los Angeles, they’ll face them head to head this week as the two highest ranked teams to have met face to face so far this year in the Association
- Our Miss Brooke – Tmande’s team, the current #1 in the Suicide Squad Points Race League leads AF#4 Finkle is Einhorn by 9 points in total scoring, but trails him by 23 PR points
- Arizona Firebirds – The total scoring leader in the Super 16, Arizona plays in the S16 West, perhaps the toughest division in the Association, whose teams are ranked AF#7, AF#11, AF#18, and AF#72. They play the AF#11 SF’s BowMen this week, a former AF#1 team, they beat them by just 2 points in the pair’s first game this season
- Anytime Baby – Chasing the AF#9 Leather Helmets in League 28, they’ll have to play them head to head in Week 10
- Leather Helmets – meigzoh’s League 28 entry, sits at #1 in the league with a 6-2 record and a current 6 game win streak
- I’m Staring At Her TD’s – Nexecutioner’s Fantasy Circus squad came one point shy of the high score of the week to kick off Round 2 in the league; they finished Round 1 in second place, right behind the AF#3 Cutlering the Cheese