AF TOP 25 – After falling briefly to AF#2 on the Week 6 list, the Los Angeles Dragons are back in the AF#1 spot for the second time this season on the strength of their Week 7 win, 206-153 over the Kuala Lumpur Tigers in the IFFL. The Dragons have not ranked lower than AF#2 this season as they continue their quest to become the first Association team to win a championship in 2 different leagues. Los Angeles won the World League Championship in the 2015 season, then jumped to the rival IFFL this offseason where they’ve taken the league by storm. They come in this week with a Power Rank (PR) Score of 66, not quite as good as last week’s, but still good enough for first overall among 106 Association teams.
The AF Top 25 is the weekly ranking for all of the teams playing in Association Leagues based on 5 distinct categories (Record, Overall Wins, Consistency, Point Percentage, Coaching Efficiency). Each category is then weighted and combined to give an overall Power Rank (PR) score. Each week, our Stats Department releases the new rankings, based on teams’ PR Scores. The scores can range from 15 (a perfect score) to 1590 (last in every category)(For a full description of each category and how it is weighted, please visit the new Stats FAQ page, found either at that link or as a sub-tab under the new AF Stats menu tab.) The rankings are cumulative through to Week 17 measuring teams’ performances through the entire season.
A new list is published each week under the all-new AF Stats menu tab and you can view the full rankings of all 106 teams playing in Association Leagues under the AF Rankings sub-tab, complete with their stats in all ranking categories. For a quick look, the Top 25 gets its own sub-tab there, as well as being highlighted here each week.
Top 25 Through Week 7:
- Los Angeles Dragons – Joey Drakor‘s Dragons continue their miracle season as an expansion franchise in the IFFL; from 2015 when they were still in the World League, through Week 7 of 2017, they have won 26 of their last 37 games
- Our Miss Brooke – Tmande’s franchise in the Suicide Squad jumps from AF#6 to AF#2 after turning in the highest weekly score of the season so far and jumping out to the biggest lead they’ve had yet in this points race league
- Suspension Freaks – Shane Rocks‘ Legion of Defense franchise, has finished with PR Scores of 39, 59, 69, and 75 this year, and this week, holding onto AF#3 with a PR Score of 99, they remain the only team in the Association whose score has yet to dip above a hundred
- SF’s BowMen – fell from AF#1 last week, out of the top 3 after being dealt a devastating loss in Week 7 by the AF#10 1 Eye Till I Die in the Super 16 Game of the Week
- New Orleans VooDoo – Coach Crash’s IFFL franchise is ranked second in the league both in standings and in total scoring, they are, unfortunately in the same division as the juggernaut LA Dragons; the two are scheduled to meet head to head in Week 9
- Cutlering the Cheese – Last season’s League Runner-Up in AF’s Fantasy Circus, they’ve jumped up almost 30 spots over the last two weeks, and have just made the cut to advance to Round 2 of the Circus’s 3 Round Season
- Arizona Firebirds – In arguably the toughest division in the Association, Coach Crash’s Firebirds have a head to head win vs AF#4 BowMen and a head to head loss vs AF#10 1 Eye; they are scheduled to play both of them again before the regular season is complete in the Super 16
- Finkle is Einhorn – has been in the Top 10 on each list this season; falling to second place in the Suicide Squad last week, they have been #1 in the league for 5 weeks out of 7 this season.
- Scandinavian Stars – The losers of last year’s World Bowl 5, the Stars are on a quest to get there again this season, ranked #1 in the league by a two game margin
- 1 Eye Til I Die – Coach Mac’s Raider franchise in the Super 16 has just moved into the league #1 spot after beating cross bay rival, AF#4 SF’s BowMen who were ranked AF#1 last week