AF TOP 25 – The Associated Fantasy Stats Department has released the latest rankings of all 106 Association teams through Week 4’s games and the Legion of Defense’s Suspension Freaks hold onto the #1 overall spot, but the #2 Los Angeles Dragons of the IFFL are breathing down their neck. Other than the Freaks and Dragons remaining static at #1 and #2, every other position on the Top 25 has shuffled – in all, 100 of 106 teams showed movement either up or down in the rankings – including 6 new teams in the Top 10, a pair of them locked in a statistical tie.
Each week, our Stats Department pours through the data from the past weekend’s games to compile a ranking for all of the teams playing in Association Leagues based on 5 distinct categories (Record, Overall Wins, Consistency, Point Percentage, Coaching Efficiency). Each category is the weighted and combined to give an overall Power Rank (PR) score. Teams’ PR scores have an inverse value, meaning the lower the score, the higher the team ranks – The PR scores can range from 15 (a perfect score) to 1590 (last in every category)(For a full description of each category and how it is weighted, please visit the new Stats FAQ page, found either at that link or as a sub-tab under the new AF Stats menu tab.) The rankings are cumulative through to Week 17 measuring teams’ performances through the entire season.
A new list is published each week under the all-new AF Stats menu tab and you can view the full rankings of all 106 teams playing in Association Leagues under the AF Rankings sub-tab, complete with their stats in all ranking categories. For a quick look, the Top 25 gets its own sub-tab there, as well as being highlighted here each week.
Week 4 Top 25:
- Suspension Freaks (Legion of Defense) – The defending champion Freaks, coached by Shane Rocks, have been #1 for two weeks consecutively, now, but their PR score was downgraded this week by 20 points after they suffered an upset loss in Week 4. They remain first overall in their league.
- Los Angeles Dragons (IFFL) – The second week in a row at their position as well for Joey Drakor’s Dragons are on a scoring tear in the IFFL, and their PR score has improved dramatically from last week, falling just 5 points short of unseating Suspension Freaks for number 1.
- Finkle is Einhorn (Suicide Squad) – Climbing 3 spots from #6 to #3 on this week’s list, Finkle not only leads the field in the inaugural season of this Points Race League (PRL), but have posted the highest score of the week in 3 of 4 weeks.
- Scandinavian Stars (World League) – Jumping from #8 to #4, the Stars are undefeated at 4-0 and also lead the WFL in scoring. They’ll be attempting to complete a sweep of their conference opponents in Week 5 against the #41 Old England Patriots
- New Orleans VooDoo (IFFL) – Breaking into the Top 10 from their position at #12 last week, the Coach Crash’s VooDoo have the misfortune of playing in not only the same league, but the same division as the #2 LA Dragons. The two aren’t scheduled to play until Week 9.
- SF’s BowMen (Super 16) – The San Francisco Archers were undefeated until losing this week, 210-208 to the #8 Arizona Firebirds, but still managed to climb from #11 all the way up to #6. They’ll be facing #15 ranked, cross-bay rivals 1 Eye Til I Die in Week 5. Rough schedule.
- Our Miss Brooke (Suicide Squad) – Tmande’s entry in the SS-PRL led the field briefly for one week so far this season, but has been overtaken by #3 Finkle is Einhorn.
- Arizona Firebirds (Super 16) – On the strength of their victory over #6 SF’s BowMen, the Firebirds shot up the rankings 9 spots from #17 on Week 3’s list.
- Nobody’s Colin (Fantasy Circus) – An Association rookie team, Nobody improved their PR score by just over a hundred points from Week 3 to 4.
- King George Bluto’s (Fantasy Circus)/Hinesville Warrior (Dixie League) – All tied up at #10, the Bluto’s are Tmande’s second entry in the Top 10, while Hinesville is the leading scorer so far in The Dixie.